Developed by MiniTool Solution Ltd., MiniTool Power Data Recovery offers 5 relatively independent data recovery modules to help users masterly cope with different data loss scenarios. And, you can read a brief description of each module by passing the mouse over them.
Here, we obtain the following conclusions through a lot of experiments.
• Undelete Recovery not only can help you restore files deleted by clicking Shift + Delete buttons but also can restore files after emptying the Windows Recycle Bin.
• Sometimes, if you cannot find desired files by using Undelete Recovery feature, you can try using Damaged Partition Recovery. This feature not only can recover shift-delete files but also can restore RAW files, restore files after virus invasion, restore files from drive with CRC error, etc. To be honest, as long as the partition exists, you can try using this module to retrieve lost data.
• However, if you want to recover files after partition deletion or loss due to some reasons, you had better try using Lost Partition Recovery, for this recovery module is specially designed to retrieve data from partition which is deleted by accident or lost due to installing Windows OS.
• If you only want to recover photo, music, and video file from computer hard drive, SD card, USB flash drive and other storage devices, you can try using Digital Media Recovery. And this data recovery module will ignore the current file system type of the device. Therefore, no matter your memory card is formatted or the file is deleted, you had better first try using this module.
• CD/DVD users can turn to the CD/DVD Recovery feature to restore lost and deleted files from damaged, scratched or defective CD and DVD disks with ease.
In a word, with MiniTool Power Data Recovery, you can quickly and effectively recover lost/deleted files.
Besides, with this all-in-one data recovery software, you are able to recover data without damaging the original data, for it is a read-only tool which can keep data security all the time.
Wizard-based operation and simple interface are provided here, so even a new user can easily use this tool to restore lost data.
How to recover lost files with MiniTool Power Data Recovery
Step 1: choose a suitable recovery module in the main interface of this professional freeware according to actual needs.
Step 2: choose the partition where lost data were, and then scan or full scan it.
Step 3: preview files, select all needed files and then save them to a safe location.
Tips: MiniTool Power Data Recovery can only recover 1GB data for free.
More about MiniTool Power Data Recovery
• Find files
MiniTool Power Data Recovery will list all found files after scanning or full scanning. With thousands of files to view, you may find it is difficult to find desired files. In this situation, the Find, as well as Filter feature, will help you to find needed files quickly.
Find feature can help to search specific files by name. (If the file name has been changed, this feature doesn’t work.)
Filter feature can help you filter out needless files by file size, file date as well as the filename. For instance, if you only want to recover documents, you can open the drop-down list of “By Filename/Extension”, and choose *.doc,*.xls,*.ppt,*.pub,*.docx,*.xlsx to filter out *.zip, *.wav, *.jpg, and other types of files to find documents more quickly and correctly. (Picture as below)
If you are recovering pictures, you can preview them before saving.
• Strong compatibility
MiniTool Power Data Recovery supports various operating systems including Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10, etc.
• Supported devices/file types
It can recover data from hard drive, external hard drive, USB flash drive, memory card, and so on.
It can recover document (*.doc,*.xls,*.ppt,*.pub,*.docx,*.xlsx), image (*.jpg,*.gif,*.png,*.psd,*.tif), video (*.mp3,*.wav,*.avi,*.mpg), email files, and other files.
• Powerful functions
It can recover data that was lost due to various subjective or objective reasons. Get the conclusion finally through researching and analyzing: as long as file loss is not caused by hardware failure or lost file has not been overwritten by new data, we can recover them by using this feature.
Besides, it’s compatible with dynamic disk and many different Windows file systems, including Ext2, FAT, and NTFS.
Although the free edition of MiniTool Power Data Recovery only supports recovering 1GB data, it is indeed an excellent data recovery tool for common users to get lost data back. This all-in-one tool not only offers 5 powerful data recovery modules but also provides high security. Besides, it provides wizard-based operation. Thus, by using this read-only tool, you can quickly and safely recover data that have been lost in a variety of ways.
Written by Anna Lan